SpaceX Design Test
I was asked to do a design test for a company called Dbrand (which was really far away from where I lived and would possibly involve a bush plane to get there), the task was to modernize SpaceX and blend their product as well. You’ll notice a bit of Dbrands humour along the way.
Notice the modern menu…slick!
Mobile Open Menu
Modern Stepper, which includes where they are now and what the next step is
SpaceX website isn’t quite there for the modern world
Research and design
Website is slightly outdated
Create a modern version, that has interactions
Included a way to customize, and a way to view the rocket in an x-ray style
Research and Competitive Evaluation
- I forgot to log in and now have to go back
- Why so many steps to PayPal
- I hate how it’s not mobile friendly
Defining the Users
- Wishes to not have to go back to sign in
- Wants easier access to PayPal
- Wants a website that’s modern
- Wants to interact with the spaceship (x-ray)
- Wants to customize the spaceship
What Did I Learn?
- Not everyone will be signed in
- A lot of creativity
- Understanding o
- A new modern stepper, remember these old ways of doing them? No more!
Variation rough idea
Light in color